Sunday, May 17, 2009

I'm feeling so creative right now and I have a bag of toys that need mending. My only problem... no money for the thread... or even the fabric I want to make things out of. I have a list of things I'm dying to make BEFORE the Fourth of July comes about.

I am running out of my clothes (where did my maternity clothes go!?) So, I want to sew some T-shirt dresses for myself (a t-shirt with a long skirt attached made out of fabric.) I don't mind using some of my old T-shirts to make them out of, but I need to go out and buy the fabric for the skirt part, a new needle (I hand sew and my needle got bent somehow), and I'm out of thread.

Then I need to make myself some nursing dresses as well, because for some reason I can't find my nursing dresses either! I use button down blouses and then do the same thing I would for a T-shirt dress. Just add fabric into a skirt on the end after sewing the bottom of the blouse together (or if I can find buttons that match, I make the skirt button down as well.)

I also want to make my nieces and new nephew matching clothes for Fourth of July. Two Pillow Case dresses and a bag sleeper (all made out of pillow cases decorated in Fourth of July theme). I also want to make my sister a matching pillow case blouse so that she can match her kids outfits.


And for all of these things I need money! It's so much cheaper to make these things than it is to buy them, but still... eating is more important (even if I am unable to leave my house because my regular dresses aren't fitting right... and I don't have money for even one maternity outfit either!)

And since I don't have any thread and my needle is broken... I have been sitting on CafeMom during the times I would be repairing stuff animals or making dresses and such. So, I wish for Money! I wish for it to come into our accounts soon. I wish for my Jon's student loan to come in and the GIBill to go through.

I do have to thank my mother in law for making the boys their new PJs. They love them, and I just didn't have the money to make them. THANK YOU MOTHER IN LAW! They needed summer PJs.

((The pictures are off of google. I don't have any pictures of anything I have made in the past doing these crafts. It just seems I have lost all of my clothes sometime during the Navy and all the moving I've done. I'll take pictures when I finish my projects, though.))

No comments: