Monday, October 20, 2008

I told you so!

Do you ever hate those words: "I told you so."

So do I. I hate them even more when I have the urge to say them aloud to someone else. Especially to a hurting friend. So, why am I talking about this? Well, today a friend of mine I haven't spoken to in a long while called me. We used to be room-mates in Japan. His wife, him, my husband, and me. Well, they became pregnant (or at least his wife did) and they moved out to start their family together. We didn't mind. His wife was really bad and I didn't like her. He is too soft and a total door mat. I was getting sick of caring for them like they were my children. The day after they left my husband and I lay in our bed and talked for a while. The bad thing, we made bets on their marriage. I know we shouldn't have, but we really didn't even think they'd be able to keep a baby alive let alone stay married. I told my friend, his name's James by the way, that he should really think about what might happen in the future here. He brushed me off then. Today he called me to say that he just finished the divorce with his now ex-wife. He has 50/50 custody of his son, Kyan, who's 18 months old. I wanted to say, "Told you so, but you wouldn't listen." I warned him about everything that forced his hand to divorce her. She cheated on him and then called CPS saying he was abusing Kyan. I feel like she's doing everything that Mindy, Jon's first wife, did to force Jon not to have any custody or contact with Alex. *Le sigh* I feel like I can't do anything for anyone now a days.

So, today was interesting, though. I couldn't get Kenre to wake up. No, seriously, he just didn't want to wake up. I walked into his room at 11 AM and he opened his eyes to look at me, but didn't move. I told him I'd be back, and walked out to get his bottle. When I returned he was asleep again. I picked him up, gave him his bottle, then laid him down to change his diaper. While changing his diaper he fell back asleep again. What am I going to do with that boy. He's so lazy! He's 12 months old and sleeps a lot when he's suppose to be awake, and then today for nap time he didn't sleep at all! I had to call the doctors to make an appointment for him, and he just wanted to scream the entire time. Arg...

We watched a lot of Signing Time! and I even feel like I can sign every single episode now. We have Baby Signing Time! Volume's 1 and 2. Then we have Signing Time! Volumes 1-6. Sad thing is we need more. There's two season (each 13 episodes) and two more Baby Signing Time! that just got released. I am so broke, but he is constantly wanting a new one. We watch only Signing Time! now in this house. I've tried Word World and Bear in the Big Blue House, but he's not interested. He wants to see the kids signing. Plus, he's a bit tone deaf and it probably helps that they're using something he can "talk" with. He can't hear the other shows, but Signing Time! gives him something he can understand.

So, now he just woke up tonight and is again not wanting to fall asleep. Could something be wrong with him? I'm glad I made that doctors appointment, but I have a complete headache now. I wish I could just lay him down and be done for the night.

I want a full night's sleep!!!!! Why can I just not get that? If it's not Kenre, it's Alex, or something other in my life has upset me and I lie awake wondering what I should do.

Well, it's late now. I need to clean my house up and then get into bed and hopefully Kenre will fall asleep and I'll be able to finally sleep a full night too. Wish me luck!

No comments: