Friday, October 24, 2008

Sick Children and mom's who don't care...

Yup, you read the right. Mom's who don't care their kids are sick. Now, I'm not talking just about the viral or bacterial sickness either. I'm talking about every type of "sick" you can think of. Why am I saying this? Well...

Thursday Jon called Baka, Alex's birth mom, to tell her that he needs to pick Alex up early on Friday because he's going up into the Cities to drop off a part from the shop he works in. So, Baka's fiance, Donkey, answers the phone and talks with Jon for a while. I keep hearing, "Yup" and "Uh-huh" and other such affirming sounds coming from Jon and I'm thinking, "What in the world is he agreeing to?!" Jon used to be a push-over to Baka's every whim, and Donkey has used this to his advantage as well. I was sitting there trying to hear the conversation, but couldn't. I started pacing in my frustration when finally Jon hangs up the phone. He starts to tell me that it's fine he goes and picks up Alex early. They're going to be looking for a Town House to live in, so it'll work out better for them. Plus, Alex has a double ear infection... wait, WHAT?! They're allowing Alex to come over to my house when Kenre just got his shots... thus Kenre is going to get sick because his immune system is crap right now... and I'm already dealing with a sick one year old, now I have to deal with a sick four year old too!? Why me? Why is it that Baka even will allow her sick son to leave the house when it's 30 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside?! It's below freezing (I know because we scrape the ice off the windshield every morning for two weeks now.) They're calling for snow on Sunday, and she doesn't mind that her four year old is going to be outside in this!? Why? Because she wants the weekend off. Donkey is going to take Mute (Baka's and Donkey's son) with him to see the Town Houses and he always takes him on Saturdays we have Alex for his "Father/Son Bonding time". When do I get my time off? ...right now, while I sit here blogging at night knowing one of the two are going to wake up any minute now from nightmares, pain, or fever. I wish I could actually cry right now...

So, why "moms" as in plural? Well, while waiting for Jon and Alex to return from the Cities, Kenre and I were down stairs doing my normal weekday tutoring session with two kids of my friends. Jazz and Ell are both very behind in their school work and Jazz is even repeating third grade. Their younger sister, four year old Flower, loves learning new signs from me and the twins Jewels and Eve love copying their older sister as well. Now, Eve was sleeping, but Jewels was awake to play with Kenre (they are about three months apart in age). I'm teaching Flower some new signs and helping Jazz with her Sign Language homework when Ell comes barreling into the apartment and hands their mom, Carley, and note from the caretaker of the building. It's obvious he was trying to open it, but was unable to because they're sealed so that you have to use a knife to open them. So, I'm teaching Flower the sign for "keys" when Carley starts to scream at her two oldest. The note said they had been caught in another tenet's car! Both children start to cry and vehemently deny the whole thing. So, Carley calls the caretaker and asks which tenet, because her kids are lying to her and she wants to know what car they were caught in. You see, she though that since another tenet and her have the same type of vehicle it is possibly the kids mistook the car of the tenets for hers. It's actually quite possible. Kids don't always think to look at license plates. So, they leave the apartment with the knowledge that I will watch the other kids while she finds the truth behind all of this. Turns out it was a completely different car the kids went into. They even seemed to search the trunk!

They return and both kids are sent to their rooms and told they cannot come out until it is spotless. Ell of course comes out not even two minutes into his sentence and Jazz comes out after about five minutes. I'm waiting for Carley to punish them or send them back into their rooms. It didn't happen, at least not while I was there. I don't know why she doesn't see that she is just allowing them to misbehave. We lock our car, but that is really just a habit from living in a city all my life and Jon living with me for the last two years. We also lock our apartment, which is surprising to our neighbors. It's just something we do and probably always will. You never know when even country kids will get the idea to "have a little fun". What were the kids doing in the car? Why did they enter it? I don't know. I didn't ask. Jon showed up and I finished my tutoring to meet him out in the hall so that Kenre could scream at the top of his lungs and sign "Alex" while Alex ran up and hugged Kenre yelling out "Henry!" It made the whole drama in the other apartment leave my mind. I did ask Jon if he locked the car, though. Which he looked at me funny and said, "Of course."

Now, after all of this, I just got told that tomorrow I might have my day off after all! Well, kind of. I'll have Kenre, but he's fine and usually pretty quiet. Alex is going to go over to Jon's parents' house to play with his friend L.J. That is, if L.J. shows up and Alex is a "big boy" and keeps his pants dry and clean. Jon is probably going to work. I am going to go for my nice long walk I've been missing since it's been raining lately. I also need to buy a printer for my stay at home job, and I got wind of one for 30$ at a local second hand store. Hopefully it's in good condition and I can find the ink for it!

I have a nice clean house now. I need to hang my clean laundry, but since both kids are sleeping I'll have to wait until tomorrow for that.

Can you believe that Samhain (Halloween) is just a week away?! Oh I am so happy! I love Samhain! Kenre is going as Tigger, and so are Jewel and Eve down stairs. It just so happens that we bought the same outfit and are going together around the neighborhood! We won't have Alex, but we'll have him next year. I'm sure we can come up with a good theme for next years double costumes! I hope Carley doesn't get evicted by then, either, because she is my only friend here in this small town.

(People in this post have been given nicknames except for my family. I do this because I do not know if they wish their names all over the web.)

((Baka= It's a term I hear in Japan. It means Idiot. When I repeated this term to others from around the world they came up with translations from their own respective countries. Philippines: Homosexual ... Spanish: Cow ... Arabic: Camel ... This being said we use it for Alex's mom's name since we think she is a Fat Gay Idiot Camel {Watch it, they spit and retain water}. it worked well.

Donkey= We came up with this term to keep his attributes G rated.

Mute= This is the term we came up with to use for their son, because he is 20 months old and doesn't make a sound. I'm serious. A two hour conference with Alex's teachers and Mute didn't make a noise the entire time. Surprisingly, Alex was quiet until I asked him what was wrong. He smiled and said, "Hi mommy" to me and was talkative once again.

Now you know who these three are and why they have their names.))

No comments: